Wednesday, January 1, 2014

My Hopes for 2014

Happy New Year everyone!!!!


I hope your New Year's Eve was as exciting as mine.  This post is very important to me and my family.  Not only is it the first one of the year, it also marks a new beggining for our family.

I recently became a full-time stay-at-home mom.  Not easy and rather scary process in a way.  My husband is the one who has been in charge of full-time hands-on parenting for the last six months.  We have a 3 year old super active-never gets tired boy.  And they have developed such a bond that I find myself at a loss because my little helper only wants to do things with his dad.  So I am hoping this time with my son will allow us to reconnect again, and hopefully my son will stop calling me Linda (which is not my name by the way).

This year also marks the beggining os my mission to bring awareness of SPD to our island.  You see my son was diagnosed last year with Sensory Processing Disorder.  Where we live that is something unheard of.  If you have had a child diagnosed with such an uncommon disorder and then find yourself being stonewalled by it is not a medical disorder, and there is nothing we can do for you attitude, you know how frustrating it can be.  I am hoping to reach out to the masses somehow (still, don't have a plan-accepting suggestions) to let them know this an all too real disorder affects our everyday life and with a little planning and patience we can achieve wonders.

This year we plan on getting in shape, something we have kept putting off by putting everybody else first.  (We always make these resolution, somehow it becomes not-so-important by February).

Since now I am a stay at home mom my house should be spotless all the time (I hope).  To be honest I am not the most organized person and the rush of everyday life put having a neat and tidy house on the not-so-important to do list.

Last but not least I want to make this new adventure of being at home a success.  How can I make money working from home.  Recently someone asked me ''If time and money weren't an issue in my life, what would I do?''  I don't know, but I think it is worth thinking about it.

I wonder if there are other moms out there that can relate to this.  Need all the help I can get.  Suggestions and advice will be greatly apprecciated.

Make it a great year!!!

Lucy

PS.  Sorry for any typos you may find.  English is my second language and I am writing this very early in the morning before my coffee...

No comments:

Post a Comment