Thursday, November 27, 2014

Counting my blessings





Gabo's Horn of Plenty for school.
 Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

Wow, I cannot believe we are already here.  Thanksgiving Day again and as usual running behind on most everything.  I literally just put the pumpkin cheesecake in the oven (fingers crossed because I haven't done this recipe in years). 

I know for many this day is about giving thanks ( which I believe should be done all the time), I consider myself a good Christian mother.  I acknowledge my Lord in everything and granted sometimes I don't pray in a daily fashion but I always make sure to thank him for being my alarm clock in the morning and for the day I had in the evening.

I am a blessed woman and mother. 

I am blessed for everyday my Lord gives me to go out and discover His purpose for my life.

I am blessed for my son.  Some of you know my son has SPD, which made for a very rocky beginning on some of his milestones and school.  But as a wise woman once told me God does not give you things you cannot endure.  So this challenge came my way and I received it with open arms and all my heart.  Putting the Lord first in everything I do.

Being a stay-at-home mom.  Now, financially this has been very HARD.  Again, with God first we've found a way to make it work.  I have been able and blessed with seeing first hand my child's development as he has reached all his milestones on time thanks to my Lord, therapy and his hardworking teachers.  This has enabled me to carry-on at the house what he is working on at school.

Being a voluntary parent at Gabo's Head Start.  Boy have I learned a lot. When I was younger I wanted to be a teacher very badly.  Because I love children, and I love being surrounded by them.  When I was a teenager I remember telling mami that I wanted to have a huge family.  About 6 kids.  She would always laugh and tell me that wanting them and having them is not the same thing.  She is the second oldest of 7, imagine that.  But as a grew and I saw how complicated life can be, when the time came to choose a concentration for my bachelor's degree I chose to be a teacher.

Being a mom.  I can't say this enough.  And I am thankful for this event all the time.  Many times a day.  Never did I think I could possibly love someone in such an immeasurable way.  I am in complete shock, sometimes I find myself talking to Papá (the Lord) telling him how lucky I am to be Gabo's mom and sometimes I cannot find the word to describe this amazing feeling that fills all of me all the time.

My family.  We do not see eye to eye all the time and we sometimes become the Bickersons from Bickerville.  Very often actually, but that's okay because at the end of the day we are still family and I would not trade that for the world.  Now more so that mami y papi live in Miami and my sis and I  are still in Puerto Rico.

People I have met along the way... you know who you are.  I love you all and I consider myself blessed to have met you and have you in my life.

So now I am going to go, because my Gabo wants to cuddle and we still have to get ready for my family's lunch.  That's what we do, a Thanksgiving lunch son in the afternoon we can go pick a tree and start decorating although Xmas started already for some of us.  And I am thankful for that.

May your Thanksgiving festivities be full of good food, laughter, great company, love and the presence of our Lord.  Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!!!  I know I will.


 "So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the Glory of God."   1Corinthians 10:31



Till next time... make it a Thankful day.

Lucy

No comments:

Post a Comment