Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Countdown 2015... 85 days and I'm thinking sugar-free

Since I am not yet recovered from the terrible news of my weight and I did say I would act rather than pity myself, I did what any person in my situation would have done.  Went to Google to research.  Let me say, it is overwhelming the amount of information that is out there.  So I came across a couple of websites and articles and blogs about going sugar-free. I also saw some about low-carb, but that will be another post.

I admit, the thought of going sugar-free is completely unknown to me... I am a baker.  Everything I do is packed in sugar, cakes, puddings, cupcakes, frostings, glazes, tarts, and the list goes on and on.  So there has to be a way. 

Today is my first day, and this morning rather than have my usual scrambled eggs with fries and ketchup, I just had the scrambled eggs loaded in veggies and just one ounce of sharp white cheddar cheese (hey... baby steps).  That was at 9:30am and it is 11:00am right now (Puerto Rico Time) and I am feeling okay.  Still craving my fries but overall all-right. 

In addition to this I have made the conscious decision of giving up on soft drinks (this is probably just the excitement talking, but I will try to always choose water or 100% juice when available).  Dairy wise I already switched a couple months ago to Almond Milk, I just can't seem to leave cheese (I am a rat after all) in any of its forms.  I love my cheese.

So I am thinking I can do 100 days of sugar-free eating, which I think requires a lot of organization because menu planning takes a LONG time.  And I have tried it but, let's face it, I am not patient enough.  It seems as though menu planning is in the end what will help me achieve this.  Ok, so 100 days, but there are 85 days left in 2014 so this plan will extend itself until January 15, 2015.  And Thanksgiving and Christmas is right in the middle of it.  It's like I want to boycott myself.

Can I pull this off???  I guess you have to come back and see...

Have you tried sugar-free?  What was your experience?  I need all the help I can get.

Until next time...make it a great day.

Lucy

No comments:

Post a Comment