Friday, July 17, 2015

10-minute Fish Tacos


10-minute Fish Tacos

 
 
 
Hello,

Today was supposed to be a laid-back, blog-all-day kind of day.  Instead it turn out to be the kind of day that makes you leave the comfort of your home early in the day, forget to stop at the ATM, have-no-cash-in-your-wallet-day and you are trying to live frugally anyway kind of day.  Thankfully I had made breakfast at home and I was blessed by having lunch at abuela’s house.  She is so amazing, always leaving me a plate in case I stop by.  Anyway, I got home at 8 o’clock at night, just as Daddy was coming home for his break.  Nothing had been scheduled for today nor did I prepare a meal plan, but somehow a bunch of errands filled my morning and most of the afternoon.  So nothing was prepared for me to cook, nor did I want to be in the kitchen for longer than 20 minutes.  I needed something quick and healthy.
Daddy and Gabo decided they were having canned spaghetti and ravioli (you know the chef one) and they were going to watch cartoons together.  I was not having canned anything; I wanted something fresher, and tastier.  While I was preparing their “dinner”, I remembered I have fish sticks in the freezer so I thought:  ‘UMMM, fish tacos, YUMM!’  I put the spaghettis in the microwave to heat up and got tortillas, spinach, cucumber and tartar sauce out of the fridge, and fetched the fish sticks bag in the freezer.  I warmed up the oil, yes I fried them; I thought about baking them but that would have taken too long. 
Fish stick frying?  Check.  Tortillas warming up in the skillet? Check.  I prefer fish tacos with cole slaw, but I did not have any.  I have some beautiful spinach and crunchy cucumbers; I decided to pickle them super-quick.  I julienned the spinach, I cut the cucumber with a mandolin, if you do not have a mandolin just make sure to slice the cucumber very thinly, and julienned the slices.  I sliced some onion and a little cilantro.  I added ACV and coconut oil, a touch of agave and a pinch of salt and pepper, and let it sit until I was ready to plate.
To assemble the taco, I squirt a line of tartar sauce across the tortilla, I place 1 ½ fish sticks on top of the sauce and top it all off with the pickled salad.  I accompanied it with some Blueberry Lemonade I made last night.

All I can say is YUM. 



10-minute Fish Tacos 
5 frozen fish sticks
3 corn tortillas
Handful of spinach, julienned
10 slices of cucumber, julienned
2 slices of onion cut in half
Cilantro leaves, to taste
1 ½ tsp ACV
2 tsps Coconut oil
Agave Nectar, to taste
Pinch of salt and pepper



Until next time,
Lucy

No comments:

Post a Comment